The world was working against me while I made these bracelets. In the end, I won. The current score is Candace – 1 and World – 0.
My rolling consistency is improving. I think it was about 50/50 on this batch. Half being ‘kinda’ even, and the other have being definitely uneven.
This is the first batch I glazed. I was a little nervous about it, but it went well. I used Beadmaster Extraordinaire Janice Mae’s Vibrance Paper Bead Glaze.
Two coats of Vibrance produced a nice shine. Per the instructions, you can string the beads on fishing line and dip multiple beads at once.
Surprisingly enough, the beads do not stick together. Next time I will only string the same color beads together. I mixed the two colors on the fishing line. You can see a ridge of the darker color around the hole of the white and purple beads.
I am very happy these beads. They are shaped better my previous attempts and the glazing was a success.
Then the problem happened. The beads and cord I bought to go with my paper beads disappeared. Gone. Nowhere to be found. After looking up one side of the house and down the other, my conclusion is that they were accidently thrown away.
The project was put on hold until I could go to the craft store where I begrudgingly replaced the missing items.
In the end, it was worth it. Behold, my first finished bead project.
This post was shared at:
Think Tank Thursday