But is it where you want to be?
If you aren’t where you want to be in life, perhaps it is time to make some changes. Since you can only change you, let’s look things you can do to make your life a place where you want to be.
Get out of your rut
Are you stuck in a rut? Doing the same thing day in and day out can numb your mind. It is time to shake things up. Step out of your comfort zone.
- Volunteer your time. Volunteering provides a change of scenery and allows you to meet new people while giving back to the community.
- Go on an adventure. This can be as simple as a hiking trail in a local park or a trip across the globe. No matter what your price range, adventure is waiting to be found.
- Take a class. Do you want to learn how to decorate cakes or make your own clothing? Do you have a local farm that has classes on permaculture or soap making? Have you always regretted not finishing up your degree? Explore what is available in your area.
- Turn off the electronics. Give each other some uninterrupted time. I promise you Facebook will still be there when you get back online.
- Go to bed at the same time. Does it feel like you don’t have enough time together? The quite moments before sleep are a good time to connect.
- Hug daily. Every time you touch your partner, it sends positive messages to them. The more you touch each other, the more comfortable it is.
It is called work for a reason, but it shouldn’t be somewhere you dread going.
- Do you need a change? Sometimes it is time to move on to bigger and better things. Sometimes it is time to reverse your routine at your current job if you have the flexibility to do so.
- Take lunch. Stepping away from it all helps recharge your batteries and clear your head.
- Get to know your coworkers. They can be the best part of any job you have.
Your happiness depends on you. Your life is what you make it. Making a few changes can make your life exactly where you want to be.