Happy New Year!!
I’m Candace. I have been a wife for 21 years and a mother for 15. Somewhere during those years, I lost who I am.
2015 was a trying year. I don’t expect the beginning of 2016 to be any better. My fifteen year old daughter and myself are battling depression. When it finally got bad enough for me to go to the doctor, I was immediately put on antidepressants and suddenly my world is a lot better. Unfortunately, it has not been that easy for my daughter. It has been several months since we started the process with her and we are still going thru a series of appointments with different professionals trying to get her the relief she needs. It has been frustrating to say the least.
I will continue to advocate for my daughter’s health in 2016. I would also like to devote more time to finding myself. Here are some goals I am setting for 2016.
- Walk at least 5 times a week (I was told by my doctor and my daughter’s councilor that it would be beneficial.)
- Be diligent about taking my medication. (I take the antidepressant and something for lowering blood pressure. Before the antidepressant, I was kind of sporadic about taking the blood pressure medication.)
- Turn off electronics 30 minutes before bed.
- Be diligent about my periodontal maintenance. I have had some issued. I need to floss daily and use the special rinse that I was told to use 5 months ago and have only done about twice.)
- Bring lunch from home at least 4 of 5 work days.
- Lose weight. (I know, very cliché. I need to lose about 100 pounds to be on the high side of a normal weight range.)
- Save $20 a week from my weekly ‘allowance’ to use for rewards for losing weight.
- Try a new recipe every week. (My daughter is sick of the things we have regularly.)
- Have a family vacation with my husband’s sister and her family. (I have mixed feelings about this.)
- Save $20 a week to help defray the cost of said vacation.
- Buy a new dryer.
- Be more diligent about keeping things tidy.
- Grow something edible in the garden.
I look forward to spending 2016 with you. I wish you and yours the best the world has to offer.